|© Cambridge English Online Ltd. 2012
Requirements:Compatible with iPad.
DreamEnglish.com’s best-ever song video versions of Bingo, The Wheels on the Bus and Old MacDonald Had a Farm are here! All supported by interactive activity sections and they’re only available in this iPad app.
Now you can take DreamEnglish.com’s Matt and three of his super-popular song videos with you wherever you go. The Dream English Kids videos on YouTube have been viewed almost 30 million times by children and parents all around the world, and in this new app you can enjoy a big-screen selection of these fun children’s songs on your iPad.
*Tested by DreamEnglish.com’s Matt in his school: “The app is fantastic in my classes. The kids love it!”
It’s simple, convenient and fun - no downloading or internet access required - just tap, play and have fun! This app includes Matt’s catchiest/bounciest versions yet of Bingo, The Wheels on the Bus and Old MacDonald Had a Farm. All brand new videos, only available on iPad.
***This is the perfect partner app to the popular first Kids Songs in English iPhone and iPad apps!***
Kids Songs in English 2 HD has three great new sing-along videos, plus 3 fun, educational activity sections - one for each song. Watch the video, then tap the sound/action buttons along to the song in the activity pages. Your children and students will learn the songs in such a fun way, they’ll want to try again and again. Our sing-along videos are sure to make your kids smile, dance, sing and learn.
Great for long or short journeys, supermarket queues, playing at school or during quality time at home, this child-friendly app is full of colourful, fun graphics, including the new Mini Matt cartoon character, is perfect to entertain, educate and enjoy no matter where you are.
These three great song videos (plus activities) are perfect for teachers to use in the classroom too! Use them as warm-ups or a full lesson. The 18 teaching tips on this page (see below) will help you get the most of these fun songs and activities!
This Kids Songs in English app is a safe way to watch and listen to some of the Dream English Kids popular songs. Just open the app… tap, and your child can choose their favorite Dream English Kids video and stay in the offline environment.
Our Kids Songs in English 2 app includes DreamEnglish.com’s popular versions of:
- The Wheels on the Bus
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
***Plus, there’s a great learning activity for every song.
* 3 of the most popular children’s song videos from the DreamEnglish.com’s hit-list – now with animated Mini-Matt cartoon character!
* Ideal for children aged 2 – 6 years old
* Each song’s activity page has colourfully illustrated buttons to help children learn.
* Ideal for teachers to use in the classroom. Use them as warm-ups or a full lesson. The teaching ideas help make the most of these fun and simple songs
* Perfect to enjoy while traveling, waiting in airports or supermarkets, or at home enjoying quality time
* Super-easy for small children to use and enjoy
* All songs come with subtitles so you can read and sing along
* Supported by teaching and learning tips for you to help children develop
* It’s convenient. No Internet connection or downloading required-just tap, play and enjoy…anywhere you go
* Children can enjoy the songs in a safe, offline environment
* Improves fine and large motor skills, memory and language
* Helps to develop literacy and numeracy
* Ideal for native and non-native English speakers
* Great for helping to develop balance, coordination, confidence and participation in a fun way
* A big THANK YOU to everyone for buying our growing number of educational apps. We’d love to hear from you and find out what you’d like to see us make as our next ones. If you’d like to drop us a line us with any comments, suggestions and feedback, please email: email@example.com
** If you like our apps, please recommend them to your friends so that we can keep making great-value, high quality educational apps for all.
*** Check out our website for more great apps and lots of other resources: www.cambridgeenglishonline.com
****For more of Matt’s songs visit: www.DreamEnglish.com
No Sound? Easy to fix!
Some iPad users occasionally have no sound on some apps. To fix it:
- Go to Settings > General > Use Side Switch to: > Set to ‘Mute’
- Slide the Side Switch button (the small plastic button next to volume control) so that a red dot does NOT show. Make sure the audio level is turned up using the volume control button. Mute has been toggled OFF.
Teaching tips to help you get the most out of our Kids Songs in English 2 iPad app
1. Go to the app’s Bingo activity screen, then teach and practise all of the letters; B-I-N-G-O
2. Watch the video, and ask the children to sing along and clap with the video.
3. Watch the video, and ask the children to tap the buttons on the Activity screen in time with the song.
4. Play the activity song with the students. Warm up by asking the students to tap on different letters. For example, “ Tap ‘I’.”
5. Tap out different letters on the activity page without showing the students. Have them write them on the board, or paper, as they hear them.
6. Try singing the song a cappella and use the sound buttons to help you.
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
1. Watch the video a few times and ask the children to sing along and do the actions.
2. Do the Old MacDonald Activity, and ask the children to take turns tapping on the animals as they hear them in the song.
3. Try singing the song a cappella and use the sound buttons to help you.
4. Make a quiz: Ask the children questions like, “Which animal is brown and says woof?”, “Which animal is white, and can swim and fly?” They should answer by tapping on the correct animal button.
5. Have the children take turns acting out the different animals. The children not acting as an animal have to guess which animal and touch the correct button on the screen.
6. Hide the screen and press one of the animals buttons. Ask the children to say the correct animal name after hearing the animal sound you pressed. Let the students be the teacher and press the buttons, too!
The Wheels on the Bus
1. Pre-teach the vocabulary of the song by going to the Wheels on the Bus Activity page.
2. Watch the video and ask the children to do the actions in the video.
3. Make a quiz: Ask the children questions like, “ What goes round and round?”, “ What goes beep?” The children can answer by taking turns pressing the correct button and saying the vocabulary word.
4. Have the children take turns acting out the actions. The children not doing the actions have to guess what the others are doing and touch the correct buttons.
5. Sing the song a cappella and ask the children to sit in a row like they are on the bus and sing the song. Students can take turns being the bus driver.
6. Ask the children to make up other actions and sounds for the song - the funnier the better! For example: “The cow on the bus goes moo, moo, moo!”